A greener Ski Tour
Ski Tour Canada 2016 is a “Level 2 responsible event” (BNQ 9700-253).
Our GestevGoesGreen sustainable development policy is at the heart of everything we do! It shows our commitment to think up, develop, and promote actions that are greener, more community-oriented, and more environmentally friendly, all in exciting and creative ways.
I want to complete the GES Survey
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE DO:
- A go-getting green brigade patrols the event site.
- A 5-tiered waste management system: garbage, recycling, compost, construction materials, and hazardous materials.
- Over 60% of local suppliers within 100 km
- Trees are planted across Québec to partly offset greenhouse gas emissions.
- Forêt Montmorency Discovery Trail is a hands-on way to explore action taken by Université Laval to fight climate change
- Amateur race and introduction to cross-country skiing to promote the sport
- And more!
Forêt Montmorency Discovery Trail in Quebec City
The forest’s sustainable development trail is a hands-on way to explore action taken by Université Laval to fight climate change and create a carbon-neutral campus. Inspiration for local organizations is right this way!